Hoopes Vision Previous Clinical Trials
These are some of the already completed trials which took place at Hoopes, Durrie, Rivera Research:
- AcuFocus KAMRA™ corneal inlay for presbyopia. Hoopes Vision was the largest single test site for this device in terms of patients treated.
- Femtosecond Cataract Laser study. As the first surgery center in the world to acquire multiple cataract laser platforms (Optimedica Catalys and Alcon LenSx), Hoopes Vision performed a head-to-head comparison study of the two systems, comparing surgeon and patient experiences and postoperative outcomes. The results of the study were published in print format as well as a video, “The Napkin vs. The Postage Stamp,” both of which won “Best of” awards at several industry conventions.
- Effective Lens Position (ELP). This study measured the structures of an eye before AND after cataract surgery using an ultrasound device. This study will help aid surgeons more accurately choose implants, thus potentially improving postoperative visual outcomes.
- Avedro KXL Enhanced corneal cross-linking, which can halt the progression of keratoconus, a degenerative eye condition that otherwise may require corneal transplants.
- Calhoun Light-Adjustable Lens, which is a revolutionary new lens implant that allows the refractive power to be adjusted after implantation without having to undergo additional surgery, possibly leading to improved visual outcomes for cataract patients.
- WHITESTAR Signature® Phacoemulsification system for cataract surgery.
View Open Studies