As our country experiences uncertain and changing times, please know that our commitment to our patients, employees, and community remains strong. We will do what is necessary to conquer this unexpected healthcare crisis.
Due to the rapidly changing COVID-19 epidemic/public health emergency and CDC and the American Academy of Ophthalmology’s request, Hoopes Vision is temporarily suspending elective surgeries and seeing new patients for the next 2 to 3 weeks or until the public health concern resolves. New patients are welcome to call and will be placed on a list or scheduled for a future appointment. Our staff’s highest priority is the health and safety of our patients and the community.
Our Draper office will remain open (unless there is a national or state lockdown) and we are fully equipped and prepared to see emergencies and patients with urgent care needs. Postoperative patients who are doing well should postpone their already scheduled follow-up appointments. To ensure a safe visit, we have implemented the following measures:
- Access is limited to the main entrance, where you will find instructions posted on the doors.
- An employee will greet you and ask if you are sick with a cough and/or fever or if you have traveled out of the state or country recently.
- Our staff will be wearing masks and will distance themselves at least 6 ft. from our guests.
- To practice CDC-recommended social distancing, we may ask you to wait in a separate area or your car until it is time for your appointment. Our waiting room chairs are spaced apart.
- Please avoid using the handrails unless necessary. Use the elevators if you can.
- Only one visitor per patient will be allowed.
- We will limit physical contact and refrain from handshaking.
Additionally, our doctors will be available remotely via phone to answer medical questions you might have. Because of hourly and daily evolving changes, we will adjust and continue to make strides in providing for our patients in the safest way possible.
Thank you to all our patients for your support and understanding. We look forward to serving you in the very near future as the public health concern resolves. Please remember to maintain social-distancing and hand washing. Traveling is not a very good idea right now.
Please call 1-801-568-0200 for additional information. We look forward to answering any and all questions and concerns you may have. Be well, and stay safe.
Phillip C. Hoopes, MD, MBA
CEO and Chief of Surgery