PATIENT SERVICES NINJA
**YOU MUST READ THE ENTIRE JOB POSTING**
We are a busy and robust surgical practice seeking patient-centric, hard-working, friendly, and highly motivated professionals to join the Hoopes Vision family!
Who We Are…
Here at Hoopes Vision, we have Gamers, Athletes, Movie Fanatics, Musicians, Skiers, Bikers, Pet Lovers, and every other variety of people. We have Serious people and Silly people. We have Family people, Single people, Happy people. You will find friends here! We have all kinds of people, but one thing in common – we want to make sure our patients have amazing experiences, as well as have fun while we work.
Aside from working with an awesome team, we offer a benefits package that includes: Competitive compensation, health/dental/life/disability benefits, 401K, paid time off, and more!
We are looking for the following …
PATIENT SERVICES NINJA – in our Communication Hub
A rockstar who will be the first point of contact for all prospects, existing patients, and referring doctors’ offices. You’ll be responsible for scheduling appointments and answering patient inquires of all types to include scheduling, medication refills, referrals, and general information regarding the practice. You’ll serve as an ambassador for Hoopes Vision, providing the connection for patients to receive pro-active service and follow-up, working towards continuous process improvement, and excellent patient experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Answer the telephone in a prompt and courteous manner, provide superior hospitality and personalized patient service.
- Verify patient demographics to ensure information is correct and consistent in all appropriate formats.
- Serve as central operator to assist patients who may be “lost” in the phone system and/or who are unable to reach their destination.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the Hoopes Vision site, including specialties, locations, hours, and availability.
- Schedule patient appointments following protocol and guidelines provided to assist clinical personnel in maintaining optimal patient flow.
- Assist with patient inquiries of all types in an effort to streamline the process for patients.
- Provide patients with pre-appointment information and/or education appropriate to the nature of the visit.
- Take new patient referrals, enters patients into the computer system, and schedules appointments following protocol and guidelines provided.
- Effectively communicate Hoopes Vision policies and procedures to patients as necessary.
- Maintain strict confidentiality for both internal (employee) and external (non-employee) patients in accordance with Hoopes Vision policies and HIPAA, accessing only information needed to appropriately handle the request.
- Maintain thorough, accurate, and professional quality of work. Takes appropriate follow-up action, as required.
- Follow established policies and guidelines.
- Maintain professional boundaries with all patients, visitors, and other staff at all times.
- Develop cooperative, constructive working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, practice personnel, and patients/families. Deals with others in a sensitive, tactful, and courteous manner.
- Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of organizational goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork.
- Conform to acceptable attendance and punctuality standards as expressed in the Employee Handbook.
- Abide by the organization’s compliance program and requirements.
- Admit mistakes or missteps openly, own our own behavior, forgive one another, and model vulnerability and humility
- Keep discussions about team members, subordinates, and colleagues as well as challenges in the workplace positive, constructive, and factual
- Be mindful of employee confidentiality even among peers, and particularly where an issue involves a peer
- Only say what you would be willing to say to someone directly
- It is always ok—and usually preferable—to pause, and take time to reflect, before reacting to a situation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Must be customer service oriented with quality care focus
- Effective organization skills with attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- High school diploma or equivalent educational certification
What We Offer:
In return for your dedication and effort, you will receive a competitive base salary with a benefits package. Compensation will be negotiated based upon meeting the minimum requirements and a thorough review of prior experience and skills.
We offer medical and dental insurance, PTO, paid holidays, a retirement plan, and an environment that we believe is second to none. We are a team of dedicated and very friendly professionals who are eager to welcome you into our practice. We pride ourselves on outstanding and ethical patient care; a concierge-level patient experience; teamwork; kindness and respect; and strong executive and owner support.
• One location- Draper Utah
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Retirement plan
• Paid time off
• 8 AM – 5 PM
• Biweekly or Twice monthly
• Monday to Friday
What you have to do…
Below you will find a list of “soft skills.” Please take a moment to read through the list. Tell us how this relates to you by whipping up a few sentences or making a short video (use your phone. no need for a professional touch. 3 min max). Don’t forget to attach your resume. Please send it to email@example.com.
1. Dependability/reliability: If you wake up late, run behind constantly, or call in sick every other week, stop reading. This is not the job for you.
2. Integrity: If you feel there is nothing wrong with stealing from the cash register. Stop reading. This is not the job for you.
3. Respect: Do you get angry and annoyed with people, or think you’re better than the average bear? Stop reading. This is not the job for you.
4. Teamwork: Do you constantly need to be the center of attention, crave adoration, and your philosophy of teamwork revolves around you? Stop reading. This job is not for you.
5. Customer focus: Do you feel your needs come first and others should work harder to understand and anticipate your wants? Stop reading. This is not the job for you.