REGISTERED NURSE, OPHTHALMIC ASSISTANT, and CERTIFIED SCRUB TECHNICIAN
**YOU MUST READ THE ENTIRE JOB POSTING**
We are a busy and robust surgical practice seeking patient centric, hard working, friendly, and highly motivated professionals to join the Hoopes Vision family!
Who We Are…
Here at Hoopes Vision we have Gamers, Athletes, Movie Fanatics, Musicians, Skiers, Bikers, Pet Lovers and every other variety of people. We have Serious people and Silly people. We have Family people, Single people, Happy people. You will find friends here! We have all kinds of people, but one thing in common – we want to make sure our patients have amazing experiences, as well as have fun while we work.
Aside from working with an awesome team, we offer a benefits package which includes: Competitive compensation, health/dental/life/disability benefits, 401K, paid time off and more!
We are looking for the following … REGISTERED NURSE, OPHTHALMIC ASSISTANT, and CERTIFIED SCRUB TECHNICIAN
We are looking for a motivated and experienced RNs to join our surgery center. Hoopes Vision performs vision correction procedures including LASIK, Cataract, KAMRA, ICL, and corneal surgery. This is a state of the art, fast paced facility with a great work environment. Seeking RN to perform Pre/Postoperative assessments and/or Circulator role. O.R. scrub experience is a plus. Ophthalmology background is preferred.
Required Skills EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Nursing License
- Current CPR, ACLS
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an acute care hospital or ambulatory surgery setting
- Ability to recognize, evaluate, solve problems and correct errors
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, surgery center staff, physicians, vendors and the public
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrates accountability, professionalism, receptive to change and creativity
- Willing to learn new tasks
- Works collaboratively with the healthcare team to ensure continuity of patient care
- Accurately comprehends and interprets physician orders and directions
- Ability to multi-task in a rapid paced environment
- Ability to adapt to change quickly, strong knowledge base relative to surgery procedures and management of the surgical patient
*Certified or Non-Certified Ophthalmic Assistant
Ophthalmic assistants aid ophthalmologists by obtaining medical records, performing preliminary eye function testing and explaining to patients about medication or procedures. Ophthalmic assistants work closely with our team of ophthalmologist and optometrists, gathering patient information necessary to complete a diagnosis.
Education and Experience:
Certified applicants only: Must be able to demonstrate and show comprehension of the Ophthalmic Assistant skills as outlined by the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology (JCAHPO) and your Clinic Manager. Must show proof of certification upon hire.
We are willing to train the right person.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Empathetic personality with concern for patients’ needs
- Strong organization and attention to detail, obtaining necessary eye examination criteria without error
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to be managed and follow policies & procedures
- Cross-reference medical documents to ensure consistency with all prior and future examinations the patient incurs
- Act under with HIPAA, regulatory compliance, billing, and coding standards and ethics
- Must be able to quickly gain new knowledge of processes and procedures.
Must ensure medical documents have accurate spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Physical Demands – While performing the duties of this Job, an Assistant is regularly required to stand; sit; walk; write with a pen, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- The Assistant must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus as documenting may occur in dimly lit rooms
CERTIFIED SCRUB TECHNICIAN/FT or PT
Assist surgeons, registered nurses, and other members of the surgical team in the operating room. Our ideal candidate is a team player who can complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
Education and Experience:
Associate degree in surgical technology or related field
Completion of a vocational certificate program in surgical technology
Certification from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting
Two years of experience in a similar position preferred
Surgical Tech Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain the sterile field throughout surgical procedures
2. Scrub arms and hands according to established protocol
3. Assist the surgical team with scrubbing in and putting on gloves and masks
4. Pass surgical instruments to surgeons as needed during surgical procedures
5. Hold retractors and complete additional tasks at the surgeon’s request during procedures
6. Handle tissue specimens obtained for laboratory analysis
7. Count sponges, rags, needles, and instruments before, during, and after procedures
8. Wash and sterilize all medical instruments and equipment following surgeries
9. Clean, organize and restock the operating room after surgical procedures
10. Ensure proper operation of equipment, such as lights and suction machines
11. Offer technical assistance to the surgical team: surgeons, nurses, and anesthesiologists
What We Offer:
In return for your dedication and effort, you will receive a competitive base salary with benefits package. Compensation will be negotiated based upon meeting the minimum requirements and a thorough review of prior experience and skills.
We offer medical and dental insurance, PTO, paid holidays, a retirement plan, and an environment that we believe is second to none. We are a team of dedicated and very friendly professionals who are eager to welcome you into our practice. We pride ourselves on outstanding and ethical patient care; a concierge-level patient experience; teamwork; kindness and respect; and strong executive and owner support.
• One location- Draper Utah
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Retirement plan
• Paid time off
• 8AM – 5PM
• Biweekly or Twice monthly
• Monday to Friday
What you have to do…
Below you will find a list of “soft skills.” Please take a moment to read through the list. Tell us how this relates to you by whipping up a few sentences or making a short video (use your phone. no need for a professional touch. 3 min max). Don’t forget to attach your resume. Please send to email@example.com.
1. Dependability/reliability: If you wake up late, run behind constantly, or call in sick every other week, stop reading. This is not the job for you.
2. Integrity: If you feel there is nothing wrong with stealing from the cash register. Stop reading. This is not the job for you.
3. Respect: Do you get angry and annoyed with people, or think you’re better than the average bear? Stop reading. This is not the job for you.
4. Teamwork: Do you constantly need to be the center of attention, crave adoration, and your philosophy of teamwork revolve around you? Stop reading. This job is not for you.
5. Customer focus: Do you feel your needs come first and others should work harder to understand and anticipate your wants? Stop reading. This is not the job for you.